We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other privacy laws in relation to the handling of your personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
This Policy describes the types of personal information we obtain about customers, website visitors and people that express an interest in the Service, how we use the personal information and with whom we share it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of your information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. The Service is for a general audience, is not targeted to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Our representative in the European Union is FOX SPORTS Australia B.V. of Luna Arena, Herikerbergweg 238, 1101 CM Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information we obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Interest-Based Advertising
- SMS/MMS Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Rights and Choices
- How We Protect And Retain Your Personal Information
- Data Transfers
- Links to Third-Party Sites, Apps and Service
- How To Contact Us
- Data Collection Statement
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about customers, website visitors and people that express an interest in the Service either through the Service, from our Company affiliates and from previous operators of similar services.
We collect your personal information to offer the Service that you have requested or services that we have a legitimate interest to believe are of interest to our customers, to manage the relationship we have with our customers and partners, and to perform activities based on your consent.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, email address and mobile numbers);
- Information about your use of, and interaction with, the Service;
- Username and password when you register through our Service;
- Geolocation data from where you access the Service; and
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through emailing us, or through our "Help & Support" or "Contact Us" features.
Your decision to use the Service and to provide your personal information to us is voluntary. We indicate on the Service what types of personal information are required, before you register to our Service and submit any personal information to us. If you do not provide the personal information required, you may not be able to use the Service.
From time to time, we may rely on our legitimate business interests to use your information to promote the Service or our Company affiliates’ products or services. We consider that if you have demonstrated an interest in the Service, you may also be interested in our other products or services. We will always provide you with an option to opt-out of promotional materials. We may also profile you for the purposes of understanding you better and to enable us to deliver a better, more personalised service and provide relevant promotional material to you.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our products and services and fulfill administrative functions associated with those products and services;
- Allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing the Service (such as providers of cloud services, website hosting service providers, payment service providers and direct marketing service providers);
- Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications relating to the Service, including co-branded services, and with your consent, in respect of the products of our business partners, including communications through the Service and outside of the Service, such as via email and through third-party websites and apps;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies in compliance with applicable law;
- De-identify personal information to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing de-identified information;
- Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content and other operational/business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our Service; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Deliver relevant advertisements and content, when you use the Service or visit websites of other organisations;
- Understand your engagement with Company affiliates’ products and services and develop a profile of your interests across our corporate group’s products and services;
- Permit you to participate in our referral and ambassador programs for the Service;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
We engage third-party advertising networks to help us target our messaging to visitors through interest-based and contextual means on limited third party applications or websites. Through these ad networks, we can track your online activity on our Service over time by obtaining information through automated means, as described above. The networks use this information to show you advertisements on third-party websites and apps that may be tailored to your individual interests (for example, they might show you an advertisement for the Service if you have visited our site but have not acquired a subscription). The information our ad networks may obtain on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites and use of apps that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on those websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our sites, apps and emails and on third-party websites and apps that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
By supplying us with your mobile phone number (which is optional), you consent to receive text message alerts from the Company containing product/service and event information or promotions that may be sent using automated dialing systems ("Text Messages"). Your consent to receive Text Messages is not otherwise required to purchase any goods or services from us. You may not consent to receive Text Messages on behalf of someone else or provide someone else’s phone number. We will inform you about how to opt-out of Text Messages at the time we send it to you, or you may contact us as outlined in the "How to Contact Us" section.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you, such as how we communicate with you.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our marketing mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as outlined in the "How to Contact Us" Section below.
You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the "Unsubscribe" link in our emails, and you can unsubscribe from Text Messages as outlined above.
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the customer opt-out pages at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Accessing, Reviewing, Updating and Modifying your information
You may request to access, rectify or erase your personal information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, restrict the processing of your personal information and exercise your right to data portability. Where you have given us your consent for our use of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and we will apply your preferences for the future.
We will respond to your questions or complaints relating to the processing of your personal information. If you are not satisfied with our responses, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy laws, you may complain to us by contacting us as outlined in the "How to Contact Us" section below. When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable, by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we are in breach.
We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) or a supervisory authority in the EU (as applicable).
How We Protect And Retain Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of the processing, taking into account the costs of implementation and nature of the processing of personal information.
We retain personal information for the period needed to fulfill the purposes for which personal information was collected (including for all periods to which you are a subscriber to the Service) and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law, such as in relation to our record retention obligations. If you are no longer an active customer, we will continue to hold your personal information to allow a simpler re-subscribe process and to allow us to communicate with you about special offers or encourage you to re-subscribe. We will generally keep your information for a shorter period if you have opted out of receiving communications from us.
The Service may be hosted in and managed from a country outside the country in which you initially provided the information (e.g Australia or the EU), including the United States. If you are based in Australia, you consent to having any personal information accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia.
When your personal information is transferred to (or accessed from) a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") for which the European Commission has not issued an adequacy decision, we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information remains protected. This may include data transfer agreements, a copy of which you can obtain by contacting us as indicated in the "How To Contact Us" Section below.
How To Contact Us
The entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal information in connection with the Service is FOX SPORTS StreamCo Pty Limited, 4 Broadcast Way Artarmon NSW 2064.
In addition, our representative in the EU is FOX SPORTS Australia B.V. of LunA Arena, Herikerbergweg 238, 1101 CM Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
You may also contact our EU Representative at:
FOX SPORTS Australia BV, Luna Arena, Herikerbergweg 238, 1101 CM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Data collection statement
- Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and the purposes of processing your data (including to provide you with promotional materials, profile you and target advertising based on your activities on our products)
- The consequences of not providing personal information that we require to provide you with our products
- Your rights relating to your personal information
- How you might make a complaint about a breach of privacy laws
- Our obligations with dealing with your personal information, including how we protect and retain it and the safeguards we have in place for international transfers